COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update:
MARCH 20, 2020
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and Governor Wolf’s recent directives, please be advised of the follow changes that will impact all of us as we make every effort to support mitigation efforts of the coronavirus pandemic in our county and our communities.
EXTENSION OF DISTANCE LEARNING
The College will continue the distance learning format through the end of the Spring Semester. Following the lead of several other colleges in our area, making this decision now will provide continuity and better planning for our faculty and our students.
The Commencement ceremony scheduled for May 9, 2020, is cancelled. More information be shared within the next few weeks.
ACCESS TO CAMPUS
The campus of Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology has been closed to all faculty, students, staff and visitors this week with few exceptions. However, to comply with the Governor’s most recent directive, effective today, March 20, 2020, at 6 p.m., all TSCT campuses/locations will be closed to all Faculty, Students, Staff and visitors until further notice. Following the closure, no persons are permitted on campus. Campus security and local law enforcement will continue to patrol our various locations.
ONGOING COMMUNICATION AND UPDATES
Please continue to monitor your email, telephone and any other methods that you utilize to communicate with the College for further information. If you do not have access to email, your supervisor will share information that is important to your role at the College. More information and updates will also be posted to www.stevenscollege.edu
and on the portal.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES – Faculty and Employees are encouraged to check the portal for information related to the State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP), which offers access to a variety of programs designed to support state employees in the areas of emotional health, legal questions, social services and other programs. I encourage you to take advantage of these services if you need them during this uncertain time.
are reminded that the College’s counseling services are available by emailing email@example.com
or scheduling an appointment through the portal. Online academic coaching and tutoring are available to students. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to schedule those services.
MOVE OUT DATE
Colleges throughout Pennsylvania, and in our area, are finding that our need to comply with Governor Tom Wolf’s order last evening that all “non-life sustaining” businesses in Pennsylvania – including colleges – must close by Friday evening, March 20. As a result, we are not able to schedule a move-out date until further notice. Thaddeus Stevens College will comply with the Governor’s order, and remains focused on the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and our community. Please understand that these measures are being put in place in an effort to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus in our community and across the Commonwealth. Further information about move-out will be forthcoming. but at this time, students are not permitted to return to campus until they hear otherwise.
The steps we are taking are in support of efforts to mitigate the spread and shorten the time this virus is active in our country and our communities.
Any questions regarding these directives should be addressed to the Office of the President. Thank you.
MARCH 15, 2020
Thaddeus Stevens College continues to monitor developments regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in partnership with local and state agencies. As you may be aware, there have now been cases reported in the Commonwealth and although none of those cases have been reported locally, including none that we are aware of at the College, it is imperative that we remain prepared should the situation changes. As COVID-19 (the coronavirus) continues to evolve, the health and safety of the Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology community is our primary concern and focus. The College has made a decision to move to an alternate mode of instruction for a limited period.
- There will be NO classes for students tomorrow, Friday, March 13, 2020. However, students are expected to attend their afternoon classes today, Thursday, March 12 as scheduled. The attendance policy is in effect through the end of today’s scheduled classes, including evening classes.
- Campus housing will be closed beginning, Friday, March 13 at noon. This closure will last a minimum of two weeks. Check the College website and your stevenscollege.edu email for updates. Residents are advised to take personal belongings and materials needed to continue their classes – i.e. text books, laptops, tools, etc. Remember to take medications and other critical items you may need.
- Faculty should report to your campus office on Friday, March 13, 2020 by 8 a.m. You will receive additional communication today with next steps. Please check your stevenscollege.edu email frequently.
- Staff are to report according to their regular schedule.
- Academic support, enrollment and other student support services will be available online.
- The campus is closed to all outside visitors for any reason.
- Entrance exam testing and campus tours are currently suspended until further notice.
- All campus public events and student events up to May 8th have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Final Payment Due Date for the Spring Semester has been moved to April 1, 2020. Checks or money orders are the preferred payment methods during this time. Please have payments mailed to the Thaddeus Stevens College address; “Attention: Accounts Receivable”.
- Decisions regarding room and/or meal plan refunds will be made at the end of the semester.
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON. AS UPDATES BECOME AVAILABLE, THEY WILL BE EMAILED & POSTED ON https://stevenscollege.edu/coronavirus/.