STUDENTS RECEIVING THE STEVENS GRANT WILL RECEIVE THEIR TOOLS ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS.
ALL OTHER STUDENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THEIR TOOLS BY THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS.
“What should I buy?” or “What specifications are required for a personal computer?”
Practically anything you buy new will have the necessary network hardware but, when you are shopping for a computer, verify that it includes a network port (sometimes referred to as an “Ethernet” port.) We ask that the computer be kept up to date with patches from Microsoft and that a good antivirus package be installed and kept up-to-date, if you intend to connect the computer to the campus network.
Be aware of how much power you will need for your major. If your major will be computer intensive you may want to buy a higher powered PC. Check with your instructor to be sure.
PC Specifications (suggested)
- Pentium 4 processor (or greater)
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- 20 GB of avC hard-disk space (or greater)
- A USB (thumb) drive for assignments and backup (absolute necessity!!!) 2GB or greater
- 1 GB of RAM or greater (recommend 2 GB)
- CD-ROM drive (DVD burner recommended)
- High-speed internet connection